This is my first time shopping at Dose of Colors. I kept seeing their products come up on my explore page on Instagram so I decided to bite the bullet and give them a try. I needed some new makeup brushes anyway, and just my luck, their brushes were made up of my two most favorite colors— white and gold.
These brushes are seriously so pretty. So pretty, that I actually didn’t want to use them. I would have been happy just having them look pretty on my vanity. I love that each brush has a name for its use instead of a number. Also, these brushes are vegan, cruelty free, and are ultra soft because of their synthetic bristles.
Aesthetically, they’re perfect. But do they actually pass the test?
Well, while I was shopping, I also saw their Pretty Cool eyeshadow palette. Now, one thing about me is that I’m a sucker for eyeshadow palettes. You know how some girls can’t get enough lipsticks and others highlighters? Mine is definitely eyeshadows. Especially earthy or nude tones. I just can’t get enough of them.
The Pretty Cool palette comes with 5 colors that are a mix of taupes, greys, and browns. They are also talc and paraben free. So what better way to put their eyeshadow and brushes to the test than with their own palette?
The short answer to whether or not they both passed the test is yes, absolutely! Here’s why:
- The eyeshadows are so pigmented that a little goes a long way. I love when cosmetic companies do this because your palette lasts you a lot longer. It’s also easier to build on as you’re applying and you don’t end up looking like a racoon.
- The way the brushes are created with their angles and the way they’re shaped allowed me to blend easily and with precision.
If you like this smokey eye I created, here’s how to do it. I would have created a video for this, but let’s be real. Y’all know my schedule and I barely have time to blog, let alone, edit an entire video.
And if you’re a busy mama like me, you don’t have time to watch a video and pause at each step so I tried to make these instructions easy to retain… hopefully. So that you don’t have to come back each time.
- After applying your favorite eyeshadow primer, apply Taupeless on your lid and blend out on your crease.
- Apply Let’s Chill to your crease and blend it out starting from your inner eye corner out.
- Apply a small amount Sign Off to your lid’s outer corner and blend it out from lid to crease.
- Finally, take Smokeshow and apply it right underneath your water line for an all around smokey effect.
Since I have lash extensions, I didn’t apply liner to my lid. I did put some on my water line and finished it off with black mascara on my bottom lashes.
The best way to remember these 4 steps is to work from left to right on the Pretty Cool palette, skipping the color Fine Print.
Another tip: Always start with a small amount which should be 2 or 3 swipes on the color and always tap your brush before applying so that you don’t have excessive powder on your brush that ends up on your face.
Is there anyone else that loves Dose of Colors? I can’t wait to get more of their products. I’m totally eyeing that Disney eyeshadow palette.